Like other days, I take mental notes of savings and spendings (not sure why but it's just my nature!). Today?
- Did not spend on early morning coffee or hot chocolate (it's an occasional treat awaiting the bus commute especially when it is around 45 degrees).
- Dinner leftover shortage! I leave early (~6am) on some Fridays and was uninspired to brown bag lunch except for 2 oranges (see my
So when was the last time YOU scored an orange?!
Oy. I am turning into my father! When I was under 10 years old, he would do this all the time. You have any recollection how sluggish and unnecessary this seemed to a kid? Nevermind, here I am repeating history.
- Resisted buying a sterling / cubic zircon ring at a walk about during lunch. There is a hole in the wall jeweler nearby, y'know the kind with mostly old styles, some estate and coin jewelry in the window. Well way down low is a tray of sterling silver /cz rings. All $20 ea. Pretty heavy kind of designs. The sterling alone is close to that price nowadays. I am sure they don't even care that they still have them. Well, being that I am sans a wedding ring (long story I do not want to repeat), I tried some on. Bah. Being I am a small, only a couple fit well out of about 25. Sizing one of these would cost as much as the ring itself. Last week I ran it by my husband who said, sure, get one if you want; no feelings tweaked. It flip flopped in my mind, but I went in today and took a little more time to try on and decide. Nah. The ones I liked just did not fit. So I will wait until another opportunity like that comes around such as at a consignment or collectible place.
- $$ for a ice skate lesson for DD
- $ for a bday gift to a teen boy who invited my son this weekend. Oh! This age is getting easier! All they want is cash, OK! I can do that.
- and now? off to add $$ to my bus pass.
Have a good weekend.