August 22nd, 2007 at 05:49 pm
Been away most of the summer busy with Pretty Cheap Jewelry
and school vacation, whew!
Enough time to enter several pieces in the County Fair just for fun. Sweet Surprise! Not only garnered 2nd Place in the Professional Misc Beading Category but awarded a $14 cash prize! And it was free to enter
More freebies below, but here is one of the items entered and the ribbon.
Periwinkle Necklace & Earring Set
Today the nearby 99c store was giving away 2007 Calendars FREE ~ as many as you wish. These are great for crafting notecards, go get em!
Back to frequent entries next week!
August 3rd, 2007 at 03:20 pm
Planted too many tomatoes? It's those darn 6-packs! What's your excuse?
Summertime Curse Tomato Soup Recipe
No Fat, Heart Healthy
Backyard tomatoes: 2 Large Mixing Bowls Full (Salad Serving Bowl size)
Chopped Fresh Onion, or Dried Minced Onion
1. Wash and quarter tomatoes
2. Heat tomatoes in large pot to boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 1/2 hour until very soft.
3. Remove from heat, cool for handling.
4. Press mixture through strainer to remove skins and seeds.
5. Saute onions in olive oil until browned.
6. Combine strained tomatoes, oil and onions, salt and pepper to taste.
7. Return to low heat and simmer about an hour until thickened. Or place mixture in slow cooker, high for a couple hours.
Voila! Delicious! Serve with crusty bread and salad. Garnish with grated cheese.
Record your Dog Days of Summer Recipes and Garden Foibles in this great journal from Pretty Cheap Jewelry (bargain priced!). Click on my shop (left column) to see more pics, description and price.
Special Offer to Saving Advice Bloggers Only! Mention Saving Advice at check out for refund on shipping!